NOT FOR PROFIT
Through many years of working for not for profit organisations, they have developed a keen understanding of the particular operating environment and legal framework these organisations face.
In particular, we understand the budgetary pressures confronting most not for profit organisations. We are able to provide a high level of service and advice befitting the often large size of these organisations, without the costs that are often associated with advice from large corporate firms.
Our services in not for profit law cover the full spectrum of not for profit legal requirements including:
- advising on most appropriate charitable structure having regard to tax and corporate governance issues and all matters relevant to securing tax exemption (TCC status) and tax deductibility (DGR status)
- establishing and restructuring not for profit entities including companies limited by guarantee, incorporated associations and trusts
- advising on and preparing funding and sponsorship agreements
- corporate governance of not for profit entities
- risk management
- all other commercial legal advice relevant to not for profit organisations